New Retail Development Opening in Ruston April 30, 2018
New Retail Development Opening in Ruston
The City of Ruston is excited to announce that a new retail center is coming to town. The center is being developed by Hutton, a retail development and construction company based in Chattanooga, TN. With this development, Hutton and their retail tenants will bring approximately 80 jobs to the Ruston market. The 100,000 square foot project located in the northwest corner of I-20 and Cooktown Road represents a capital investment of approximately $23 Million. Construction has already begun and the retail center will open Spring 2019.
The retail center which Hutton has named Ruston Marketplace will be anchored by TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby, Ulta, and Five Below. Several other Tenants are currently in the pipeline and will be announced in weeks to come. The official groundbreaking is currently being planned and the anticipated date is May 14th.
Karen J. Hutton, with a history in commercial leasing and deep roots in development, founded her own company in 1994 with a focus on cultivating lasting client relationships and providing the highest level of service. Hutton has done over 1000 projects all over the country. In addition, they have developed and opened 10 Walmart Neighborhood Markets from Shreveport to Monroe including the Neighborhood Market in Ruston.
“We are so thankful to Hutton for their faith and investment in the Ruston community. We know our citizens and those in our business area will eagerly support this great new development,” says Mayor Ronny Walker. “To the new tenants who will make their next home in Ruston, we say welcome. This development is just another example of the growth opportunities that we have in Ruston and that we will work diligently to continue to build.”
The City of Ruston would like to thank the Hutton staff for their professionalism and support throughout this process. The City would also like to thank the former property owners for their willingness to participate in the development process and aid in the growth of the Ruston community.
More Ruston News
- National Fitness Campaign Awards Ruston Grant to Fund Fitness Court March 11, 2019
- Louisiana Film Prize Competition Expands Filming Locations to Include Lincoln ParishJanuary 28, 2019
- Ribbon Cutting for Ruston Mural at Louisiana Center for the BlindJune 21, 2018
- Ruston named Louisiana’s Main Street of Year June 1, 2018
- Lincoln Health Foundation Grants City of Ruston $1M to Help Improve the Health of the Community April 24, 2018
- Ruston Announced as Louisiana Certified Retirement CommunityMarch 22, 2018
- Ruston Selected as Finalist for RWJF Culture of Health Prize March 6, 2018
- 2017 Ruston Community Survey July 24, 2017
- Weyerhaeuser Relocating Regional Office to Ruston November 22, 2016
- City of Ruston Survey - we want to hear from you! What do you want to see come to Ruston? April 12, 2016
- Governor John Bel Edwards Visits Ruston February 5, 2016
- Downtown Ruston Receives Award December 10, 2015
- First Citywide Prayer Breakfast 'incredible'November 10, 2015
- Ruston Named one of the "Top 10 Best Places to Live in Louisiana"September 21, 2015
- Remembering Hurricane KatrinaAugust 28, 2015
- Ruston 11-year-old All-Stars Wins Regional Dixie World SeriesAugust 5, 2015
- Genesis Energy, L.P. Honored as Ruston's "Employer of the Month"August 4, 2015
- July 19, 2015 Declared Gena Welch DayJuly 19, 2015
- Ribbon Cutting for New Playground at Greenwood ParkJuly 16, 2015
- Northern Louisiana Medical Center Honored as Ruston's Employer of the MonthJuly 7, 2015
- Ruston Sets Guiness Record for World's Largest Peach CobblerJune 29, 2015
- Louisiana Tech University Honored as Ruston's "Employer of the Month"June 4, 2015