Ruston named Louisiana’s Main Street of Year June 1, 2018
Ruston received the Louisiana Trust for Historic Preservation’s 2018 Main Street of the Year Award. Mayor Walker accepted the award at the Louisiana Preservation Conference in Thibodaux on May 17. This award is a huge honor for Ruston Main Street and Downtown Ruston.
The award recognizes a Main Street community that exemplifies the strategic use of creativity, historic preservation and/or culture to build a climate for cultural expression, improve quality of life, enhance existing assets and strengthen economic opportunity while respecting the quality of the area.
Ruston’s selection for the Main Street award was based on the downtown revitalization streetscape project, restoration of a number of historic downtown buildings and the increased number of events being held downtown.
Thanks to the hard work of Haley Perot, our Downtown Merchants, and our community for making Ruston Main Street one of a kind.
More Ruston News
- Ribbon Cutting for Ruston Mural at Louisiana Center for the BlindJune 21, 2018
- New Retail Development Opening in Ruston April 30, 2018
- Lincoln Health Foundation Grants City of Ruston $1M to Help Improve the Health of the Community April 24, 2018
- Ruston Announced as Louisiana Certified Retirement CommunityMarch 22, 2018
- Ruston Selected as Finalist for RWJF Culture of Health Prize March 6, 2018
- 2017 Ruston Community Survey July 24, 2017
- Weyerhaeuser Relocating Regional Office to Ruston November 22, 2016
- City of Ruston Survey - we want to hear from you! What do you want to see come to Ruston? April 12, 2016
- Governor John Bel Edwards Visits Ruston February 5, 2016
- Downtown Ruston Receives Award December 10, 2015
- First Citywide Prayer Breakfast 'incredible'November 10, 2015
- Ruston Named one of the "Top 10 Best Places to Live in Louisiana"September 21, 2015
- Remembering Hurricane KatrinaAugust 28, 2015
- Ruston 11-year-old All-Stars Wins Regional Dixie World SeriesAugust 5, 2015
- Genesis Energy, L.P. Honored as Ruston's "Employer of the Month"August 4, 2015
- July 19, 2015 Declared Gena Welch DayJuly 19, 2015
- Ribbon Cutting for New Playground at Greenwood ParkJuly 16, 2015
- Northern Louisiana Medical Center Honored as Ruston's Employer of the MonthJuly 7, 2015
- Ruston Sets Guiness Record for World's Largest Peach CobblerJune 29, 2015
- Louisiana Tech University Honored as Ruston's "Employer of the Month"June 4, 2015